Sunday, October 16, 2011

Comic con!

So I went on friday to show my portfolio around and my god it was such an amazing experience! Holy crap it was a nerds dream come true! I've never had more fun at a place. Although my biggest issue with it was that my legs are freaking broken after that. There was so much walking it wasn't even funny... Anyways I think the talking to artists went well and I gave them my card so hopefully they'll contact me *crosses fingers* Next year I'm SOOO going again. It was beyond fun! I bought myself the first 4 issues of the x-men comics which is totally rad! Unfortunately i bought another first issue with a different cover and printed on better paper... but.. I dunno... I would've rather gotten the 5th issue instead. I dunno what I was thinking. I also bought The 6th gun book one. I'm almost finished with it and let me tell you folks... It is AMAZING! I met the artist and he was an amazing guy! He even signed it which was totally amazing! I got to play the demo of [Prototype 2] aaaand.... It was a little underwhelming to be perfectly honest. I didn't get that sense of excitement I got from the first game. I get that it was a demo but I dunno... Not as strong as the first. Will probably pass up on it. Saw so many great things there and those who are skeptical about going well let me tell you, You MUST go! You'll have a great time. Go for one day and see how you enjoy it. Then next year if you liked it enough maybe go for 2 days or something. I know I'm going next year. I think that's about all I have to say. Have been trying to improve my style more because of how the artists critiqued my art. I loved each of their critiques. They were incredibly helpful and I took what they said into consideration. So anyways I'll keep you posted on my artwork. Later people!

No comments:

Post a Comment